Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Borrowed Ideas for Fall

I can not believe it is late October! We are a month in and I'm not into fall yet at all. Over the weekend, we did an installation in the mountains and it was freezing - by my standards - so I guess it is time I thought about changing leaves and wearing sweaters.
Last fall's mini catalog by Stampin' Up! had this beautiful designer paper. It inspired the color scheme for this all SU! card. Having ignored my chipboard collection when doing cards for quite awhile, I finally found a use for some of those plain chipboard circles. I think I saw this idea on Splitcoast stampers or maybe it was a button someone used in place of the circular tree. No matter, either adds more interest and dimension than paper cutouts alone. The larger Really Rust tree is from the Trendy Trees set.


Other ideas I borrowed for this card: The folded paper in place of ribbon is a money saving idea from Leah Fung's in Scrapbooks Etc. Nov/Dec issue. Kristina Werner frequently uses a white gel pen for drawn on stitching lines. I made the first of these cards with just the papers and embellishment, went away for awhile and when I returned, adding the stitching lines was an "ah-ha" moment that really finished this card.


Ingredients: All from Stampin' Up! Stamps: Trendy Trees, Funky Forest Wheel
Inks: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip marker, More Mustard, Mellow Moss, white gel pen
DSP: Autumn Vine
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Tools: Tab Punch
Brads: Fire square

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I LOVE this! I have that Funky Forest Wheel and still haven't inked it. This is so cute. And I love the folded paper 'ribbon' idea. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...