Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TIPsy Tuesday - Leftover Chipboard Letters




My 12x12 Sterlite stackable drawers not only help keep me organized (as much as possible for me) but also from getting too out of hand with my purchases (again, as much as possible).  When I run out of drawers, I have to stop buying pretty paper.  So what to do when I see all these great new paper collections? Well, I have to clear out drawers of course!

In clearing out a couple of drawers yesterday, I found some chipboard that was running fairly low and thought I'd use some of it up along with older pattern paper collections.  One great way to use up those extra letters whether chipboard or stickers is to make cards.

I had so much fun with these.  Typically, I really like my chipboard to match at least for a full word but I just used what I had extra and it made these more whimiscal.  Using up your stash is so freeing.  I find I can really experiment when I'm not saving paper for something later on.

When using leftover chipboard on cards, you may find it a bit like playing Scrabble.  You have to form words with the letters you have and you have to pick words that will work on a card.  It's just a new kind of challenge.

Ingredients:  DSP:  Offbeat 6x6 paper pad from Basic Grey; Daily Grind 8x8 paper pad from Fancy Pants; a little J'adore from Making Memories
Chipboard letters:  Various that I think are Making Memories
Cardstock:  Naturals White and Bashful Blue by Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

  1. Love both cards! I need to do this to clear out a bunch of mismatched letters I have lying around. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea and such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and fun.. love all the patterns and designs. Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...