Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TIPsy Tuesday - Faux Polaroids

Everything comes back in style eventually.  Polaroids have been popular in scrapbooking. If you have old Polaroid (Instamatic) photos you want to include on a scrapbook page, you should probably scan them and then print on photosafe paper for archival quality.  For me, I prefer the real thing.  My scrapbooks are really for me so if the photo degrades, I'm OK with it.  (I do scan them just in case and keep the image with my other digital photos.)

One trend in the industry is to make new photos look like Polaroids.  To create the Polaroid look, there are lots of stamps and digi images you can buy or you can just make your own as I did here:



  • Print photo on glossy paper at a little more than 3"x3" in size.
  • Cut a Polaroid like frame from heavy white cardstock.  Outside dimensions are 3 1/2" wide by 4 1/4" tall.
  • Cut a 3" square from the middle 1/4" down from the top and side edges.
  • I set mine up with SCAL software to cut on the Cricut.  You could cut with a craft knife.
  • If you want an aged look, curl the edges a little with your finger or add some very light distressing ink like Antique Linen by Ranger.
A layout using this image is coming along later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...