Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TIPsy Tuesday - Starting a Mini Album


During Shimelle's Explore class this summer, our final assignment involved working on a task that had been put off.  I selected a mini album for my Mother.  Originally I was going to do a 12x12 Heritage album.  I'm ashamed to say that was about 10 years ago.  I did 4 pages.  Then about 18 months ago I decided on a mini album and purchased a pretty chipboard album and set aside a paper collection.  I began adding ribbons and things but that was as far as it got.


During the final week of Explore class, I selected the photos.  Having done my parents 50th a few years ago I had lots of photos scanned.  The challenge was deciding which to use.


So now I'm making the commitment to get this album done by Christmas.  I could knock it out in a few days but I confess, I just don't like to do mini albums.  And a heritage version is harder still.  Why?  I guess it is because I don't know what to journal and there is sort of a reverence to old photos that I just can't seem to get past.  Anyway, I'm doing the album with some of my own journaling but with lots of spots for Mother to make some notes.  I want this to be a surprise so I can't interview her.


My first two pages are shown above.  I dived into the middle with photos that are printed in the right size.  To be able do do that, I went back to the way I used to do all my scrapbooking, laying out the pages on blank paper.


For this mini, the album has varying size pages.  I measure them and cut scrap paper those size - one piece for each side of chipboard.  I numbered the pages and spread them out on the bed.  Then I started playing with photos to decide what went where.  I've placed them all in a folder so I can just extract the pages I want to work on together.  If I do 2 a week, I'll make it without any problem.



This picture of my parents by the car is the only one made on their wedding day.  They couldn't afford a photographer.
Do you have a project you want to complete before Christmas?  If it is a mini album, how do you work Front to back, jump around, or do you just jump in and see where the creative spirit moves you?  I think any approach works as long as it is good for you.

Thanks for visiting!

Ingredients:  Album Bo Bunny
DSP:  Crate Paper Prudence Collection; Paris and Co 6x6 MME
Ribbon:  Webster's Pages
Brad:  Stampin' Up! Antique

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift for your Mom. I like the idea of leaving journaling space for your mother to fill in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful start to your mini album! They are not my favorite to make either, but sometimes it is just the best option.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...