Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rainy's June Card Sketch


June is almost gone!  I can hardly believe it, can you?  With the month drawing to a close, I figured I'd better get busy on some challenges.  Here is my card for Rainy's sketch challenge.  See sketch here.  There are still a couple of days left to get one completed.

This card came together very quickly.  I made a couple of these for my Operation Write Home box.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up!'s new For the Birds.  I tried so hard to resist this set but I just couldn't. One of my stamp baskets is for 'Fun sets.'  It is kind of an all other category for things that aren't flowers, backgrounds, alphas, etc.   I should probably label it Bird Stamps as that is what seems to be in there.  I just love birds and the images in this set were so cute and cover just about everything you might want on a card.


For the ribbon, I combined two twines.  The red is Doodlebug and the blue is Enchanted Evening from Papertrey Ink.  Their twine comes on a pretty, old fashioned spool and is very fine. You could use it for hand sewing.

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. What a delightful card. Perfect take on Susan;s sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa this is darling and perfect for Operation Write Home! Thanks for playing in my sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the bird stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card.
    Those birdies are so sweet, and i like the sentiment that goes along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisa. I love your card; the new stamp set from SU is perfect. And thanks for letting me know about the sketch challenge. I've submitted my first one ever. Take a look: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2215925?&cat=500&ppuser=335908. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cute card Lisa-love the color combo- you worked this sketch really well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...