Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Challenge Card and Roses



Aren't these lovely?  My cousin Jeffrey grew them!  I was delighted when he brought me a bouquet.  There are 7 different varieties by my count.  Currently they are bringing some color and wonderful scent to my dining room.



My card today is based on Rainy's sketch this month on her blog.  There are still a few days left to play for a treat.

I used the new Summer Afternoon hostess set from Stampin' Up! and added some now discontinued In Color designer paper.  I'm a bit rusty on the card challenges.  It took me forever to make my paper choices. Typically I pick paper before doing my coloring but this time went the other way round.   I can always count on those SU! paper pads to come through.


The daisy is cut using the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge and curled a little with my paper piercer.

Thanks for dropping by today!  I finally shopped for something to display my scrapbook pages.  Now the project begins!  Where did my helper, I mean, husband go...

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely interpretation of the sketch, Lisa. The papers are so pretty and the flower looks wonderful. And I love that sweet image. Thanks so much for playing along in my challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those roses are beautiful :)
    Such a pretty card.
    I usually colour my images first as I have so much paper, I don't think I have to worry about matching my image to them, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...