Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...



"my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree."

I love this song.  Years ago, I did 12 cross stitch ornaments representing the verses of the song although I still can't get all the numbers straight.  Is it 8 maids a milking or 10?  Anyway...

The card was inspired by a new stamp set from Lawn Fawn called "And a Partridge."  I already had this pear stamp from the Cheep Talk set by Stampin' Up! and I certainly had plenty of bird images.  This one is cut on my Cricut using the Straight from the Nest Stamp Set.

The card is for both the color and sketch challenges at Splitcoaststampers this week.  This is the 400th sketch challenge!  We could pick any of the past sketches.  I twisted the elements of SC390 around a bit to make them work with my supplies.

Mary Marsh picked wonderful late summer colors for this week's color challenge - Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry.  Bright summer tones that blend into the deep wine color often associated with fall.  And then I turned them into a Christmas card :-)

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...