Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

4th Anniversary and *Winner*



Hi!  It's been 4 years since I started blogging.

I know that blogging isn't as 'hip' (or whatever the current word is) that it once was.  Clearly, I'm not that 'hip' either since I don't know the lingo. Perhaps some of you with teenagers can enlighten me.

Other social media has been getting the attention - Twitter, Pinterest (which I love, too), Instagram.  Facebook and YouTube have grown even more popular since I started blogging 4 years ago.  But blogs are still my favorite.  I love to post and to read your blog posts.

Blog are where you can really find out the details on a project, learn more about other people, benefit from other's experiences, and discover common ground.   I've found some value in Twitter but mostly it just tweets me off to other places with links.   Pinterest pictures may be worth 1000 words but I often find myself following the link to get the story behind the photo - how was the project made?  The photo doesn't usually tell you but the blog entry does.

So blogging is still a love of mine. Thank you for stopping by to read my posts and comment on the projects.  I could keep doing this even if know one visited but it is way more gratifying that you do!

And speaking of feedback, I have a winner for the giveaway.



The winner is...

** MSCONWAY2010 **


(MSConway, I've sent you a YouTube message.)

Thanks to all who left me feedback.  I appreciate all your kind comments and am always open to suggestions.  While I enjoy prattling on, I'd still like you to learn something here on the blog and my YouTube channel.

Speaking of YouTube and earlier Pinterest, I've added little buttons on the side for you to find my channel and boards easier.  

Also, I added pages for the blog along the top of the screen.  I have my favorite projects, popular videos and a bit about me.

Now for my card for today:  I've been playing a bit with ideas from the Art Class at 2P's before I use them on a layout.  For the card base, I used a homemade stencil and some gesso which is a new product to me.  It is like a thick white paint.  I then added some splatters of Heidi Swapp Amethyst mist and a homemade blue mist.

The flower was stamped with paint and then stamped again with gesso.  I used some of Wilna, our instructor's, style for creating the borders.

Thanks for visiting today and thank you again for all your feedback!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting to celebrate 4 years blogging. I hope it never goes out of style for you as I love each and every one of your blog posts... I love seeing your talent flourish as you are taking this art class too! Thanks for sharing so much of you with us! Kathi P. S. Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful, colorful card, Lisa! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I see a little face in that button, I can imagine the smile. Love the bright colors.
    Congrats on four years. I also enjoy blogging. I don't tweet or instagram which requires more technology than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty. I like how you flipped the corners after you punched it...so fun :)
    Congrats to the winner of your giveaway and Congrats to you on 4 yrs :)
    I am still scared to add things to my blog in fear that I am going to delete my blog or something, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous card, such a skillful use of color. Love your post, and congrats on 4 years of blogging! I agree, social media is fun and can be useful, but the blogs are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...