Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Color and Sketch Challenge Card



Today I'm on opposite ends of the spectrum.  First I have this card which is for Splitcoaststampers weekly color and sketch challenges.  The color challenge is to use a neutral palette of black, ivory and Crumb Cake or kraft.  Now, there's a challenge for me!  I'm a color person so neutrals-only is tough.  The other part was the card needed to be clean and classy.

I think I made something similar to this in arrangement  not so long ago but I can't find a post about it.  Anyway, this is the Vintage Floral stamp set which is was last year's Sale-a-bration set.  This year's Sale-a-bration at Stampin' Up! is in progress now.  The background stamp is Lattice from Hero Arts.

For the opposite of a clean and simple card, I just signed up for the heART Class with Wilna Furstenberg over at Two Peas in a Bucket.  It's all about mists, masks, fabric, Washi and lots of messy, artsy stuff.   If my worktable could talk it would probably say I have a split personality.  I went from the structured, clean look of Stampin' Up! to a homemade mask and several spray bottles of mist in one afternoon.

It is one of the many joys of this hobby that it is so versatile and split personalities are welcome.  I'm still having fun with my first class layout so it will be up in a few days.  In the meantime, I'm still snapping photos of my husband for Project Life.  Just more crafty opportunities than I can keep up with.  If only I had two bodies to keep up with the two personalities...

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I also let my mood speak to what I use... but I try to buy a little of something before I jump in to make sure I will like it as much in real life as I do on vids and blogs :) Can't wait to see what inspiration you get from Two Peas class! Enjoy and thanks for sharing :) Tell your hubby to smile for the pics :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this color combination. It's really elegant! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so elegant, just stunning.
    Have fun with your class, it sounds like you are already :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...