Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine Page and Video



For Project Life, I concentrated on one day this week - Valentine's Day.  I think this is my favorite page of Project Life so far for 2013.  The photo of my husband and I came out blurry but I don't care.  We are very happy and that comes through to me.  Because that photo was blurry and so that I could use lots of pink and Valentine's colors, I turned all the photos black and white.

I don't buy a lot of holiday specific product. These are all older products, some of which I accumulated through giveaways.  BTW, if you haven't entered my giveaway, you have one more day. See this post for details.  The 'bloomers' trim is Webster's Pages.  I sprinkled in some rhinestones from Hobby Lobby's jewelry department.






The journaling is printed on a shimmery vellum and adhered over some flocked Fancy Pants transparency I've had forever.



Here is the journaling:

I got us tickets to a play and you volunteered to either take me out to dinner or to cook for me.  Cook, I picked!  Your chicken curry was delicious, but was no match for the beautiful poem you wrote.  Oh, no!  My mother read it and now she wants one for her birthday.  We shared memories from our scrapbook albums of 2012 and a rich chocolate dessert.  The perfect day – only next year I’ll let you pick the play!


One of the funny things was how unromantic the play I picked was. Our local theater company did a splendid job with the acting and it was well-written. It was about a man leaving his mentally ill wife for his downstairs neighbor.  To say it didn't end romantically is a major understatement.  So I told my husband we should so this again but next time I'm letting him choose the play.

The videos are in two parts. I've done a video on laying out the page as usual.  The photo collage is a separate video.  I used Photoshop Elements 9 and the Cricut to layout and cut my heart.  You could use other photo processing software or just arrange photos manually and then cut into a heart shape.  You could leave them as a rectangle.  There are lots of options.  I'm definitely not a PSE expert.  To tell the truth, it is probably the least favorite software of any I've ever used and that is saying something!  I can though mange to do the basics.

The main layout video at YouTube:


The Heart Collage at YouTube:


The page definitely makes me smile!  Thanks for stopping by today!

ETA:  Oops!  I forgot to attach the PDF for this video.  It goes over the heart collage part.
Valentine Page PDF

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Lisa. I love the collages photos on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love all the elements and details you used on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty page!
    The photo collage heart is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the photo collage. Love the BW image and all the colors around it. The tuille trim adds great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page!! Just awesome! I love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the large heart and embellie cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the heart photo collage! Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is stunning. I love it.
    So sweet your hubby cooked for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is gorgeous! I think the pic is fine and what wonderful journaling you did. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty layout! I love how you chose to document your not so perfect photo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...