Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Creating a Tabbed Mini Book


We celebrate birthdays here with 'the week of birthday.'  My husband and I don't exchange gifts anymore as we decided it was just a money swap.  So now we do little things to make not just each others birth day special but the entire week.  So I captured those things for Project Life one week last month.

I also added a few thoughts on my birthday, age, and what I'm into these days and what I'm not.  I wanted to keep those thoughts private so it was the perfect opportunity to use Heidi Swapp's Photo book or Fotostack.  She released this product at January's CHA and I got mine at Michaels a couple of months ago.

After completing my page and video, I went searching for other places you might find this product.  I was dismayed to find it has already been discontinued! I really like this product and would like to use it again. So, I made another one myself and created a video for that.  I

Making the tabbed mini book is easy.  You just need 1 12x12 sheet or 3 4"x12" pieces of designer paper, a tab punch or tab stickers, a corner rounder and a regular office stapler.  The mini book can be used to add photos or journaling to your pages or as Smash style books or travel logs.

I gave myself an on-line class for my birthday "Behind the Art" by Christy Tomlinson.  In honor of that class, I add some misting and stamping to the watercolor style paper background (part of Crate Paper's Acorn Avenue collection.)

The stencils are from the craft area of Michaels. Home stencils are often less expensive than those in the scrapbooking area.



I needed one photo to finish off my page and found this one of me on my parents front porch not sure what to do about the approaching step.  The main photo on the page was taken on our front porch.

Here are the videos.  This one is for the page as a whole.


And this one is for the mini book.



Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. This is an incredible project Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love this, Lisa. So soft. So pretty. So creative. I just did a birthday page too, but it was about my 2nd birthday. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What a great idea and project. I celebrate a birth month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome page Lisa :)
    I like how the papers are so soft and the photo of you pops off the page.
    Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...