Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Scrapbook Process Video: The Monster Math


Halloween isn't really my holiday so I don't have any Halloween product.  For this page, I used orange, purple and very dark brown (almost black) Washi, papers and mist to create a Halloween page.

The photo is of my stepdaughter, Jaime (far right) and her fellow teachers.  When she was telling me about the other teachers, she told me about an event they did for their students for Halloween. One of the teachers took Monster Mash and changed the words to title the song, The Monster Math.  "Do the Monster Math..."  Then one teacher would say "why not social studies?"  and another teacher "Why not science?" as they each have their own specialties.  It sounded like a fun memory so I used it to title the page even though the photo wasn't taken that exact day.


For the chipboard stars, I peeled of the layer of covering they came with and embossed them in a copper color.  The Thickers had a few extras like asterisks and periods to use for embellishment.




To keep with the math theme, the main part of the page is misted over a number stencil.   I didn't quite get the misting in the best spot so I showed in the video how I recovered.

Here's the process video at YouTube:


Here's the sketch:

This was such a fun page to do.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Cute story! Love the numbers for the background and all of the sparkle you added to the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that song is stuck in my head! I'm like you and don't purchase Halloween product. You sure made your supplies work well for you! Great page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...