Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Saved Paper


One of the things I tend to save for the perfect occasion is paper.  Of course, paper is the thing I have the most of and the thing I least need to save!

Now in my defense I will say that I come from a fabric world.  In decorator fabrics, you can usually order a fabric for 2 to 4 years before it is even discontinued some even longer.  In paper, 6 months and that's about it.  You may be lucky and find an older collection you love still in stock somewhere but with the dwindling number of local scrapbook stores that gets even more unlikely.


Still how often am I likely to go hunt up an old collection?  No, that isn't really the reason.  I just keep thinking the perfect project will come along or it would be a crime to punch out one little circle from a full sheet.

In this case I was saving 2 pieces I'd bought on sale of all things.  These are Valentine papers I bought for the B sides but they were just so pretty I kept hoarding them.  Well, I suppose I did finally find the perfect fit - this Valentine photo of Jaime getting a surprise treat at work.

One of the pieces was chevron and a great choice for doing accordion flowers or rosettes.  There is a link up in the video to my video on making those flowers and the steps are covered quickly in this video as well.


Video at YouTube:




Here are a few closeups of the chevron paper at work.


The chevron on the upper left and the one in the right photo are the same exact cut just a different fold.  I hope chevrons never go out of style as the are so versatile.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love how you used this paper in this layout. I do have a few sheets of this and I've been wondering how to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love, love, love this layout. It's so colorful and fun! I can see why you were hoarding the paper. Can't think of a better subject for it though. Jaime's a cutie. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet layout, I can see why you hoarded this paper.
    I am a fellow paper hoarder….so much so, that i haven't scrapped a layout for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...