Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Layout 3 from Kit - Treasure Hunt


The main color for the kit I assembled from some Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden and lots of things from my stash is lavender/purple.  Yet, this page has none!  The papers had a fair amount of green and aqua in them.  I also used a lot of neutrals here that seemed to work with the photo and give me a background to showcase some gold touches for the 'treasure.'

My friend Karen wanted to find some small elements to use on mixed media canvases. We 'canvased' my house.  My husband even dug through the trash from his pinball repairs to provide broken parts that were perfect for her project.



Later on Labor Day weekend we hit the craft stores - Michaels, AC Moore and finally Hobby Lobby where the photo was taken at the very last minute.  (Why can I ever remember to take photos?) We dug through bargain bins and scoured the jewelry sections finding many items perfect for these canvases.  I found the hearts at AC Moore in jewelry.

The lower right corner of the page needed one final touch and that was ribbon from my kit.  It adds a different shape to the grouping.

I'm not sure which of the three pages from the kit I like best but this was the most fun to put together.  It isn't my usual style - if I have one - and that is one of the things I like best about scrapbooking.  You can do just about anything.

Here's the video at YouTube:


I did create a sketch part way into the process:


It says on the bottom Skeches class but it isn't from the class.  It was created for this page.  It also has some misting on the background that I chose not to do. This one definitely evolved as the page too shape.

If you like working with sketches or need a creative boost, check out my 2013 sketches here.

So those are the 3 layouts I planned with the kit.  I may have some more as we just took a short trip to visit some gardens in Georgia and I think I'll have photos that match these papers coming along.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!!
    I love all the layering you have here and also the lacy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page, Lisa! Wonderful layering. I love the doilies and mixed fonts in the title.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...