Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good Fishing



When my husband goes to see his grandson each summer, they fish - a lot!  I always ask if they caught anything and he quickly explains that they are about the 'fishing experience.'  In other words, no, they don't catch anything.

So imagine my surprise when about 10 minutes into his fishing at a local lake when he is already catching something. I had to scramble for my camera.  We thought it was a catch and release pond but later found out it wasn't so next time he will take a cooler.

This is one of my favorite layouts of the year.  I like the photos on the diagonal and the Silhouette die cut.  This month's focus is on using my electronic die cutter. It is the biggest single investment in my craft room and I want to put it to even more use.


I used some ink on some of the edges of the trees and waves.


The papers are from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad called Jubilee that I've had for months.  I love the colors.

Here is the Process Video on YouTube:



And here is the sketch:


This will be part of my 2014 Sketchbook available in early January.  The December newsletter goes out later this week. Sign up on the sidebar.

 Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Great layout, Lisa. I'm glad you had your camera to catch this momentous occasion! Absolutely love the die cut. It couldn't be more perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that LO Lisa. Just a question about your cardstock swatches - are all your cardstocks by Stampin' Up?
    I'm really looking forward to the release of your sketchbook! I'm a big fan of sketches.
    You are making the Silhouette look more and more tempting too! I still have the original Cricut along with a Cuttlebug!
    Do you print your photos at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardstock deck is Stampin' Up! and Papertrey Ink. I'm working though the Papertrey ones though and not reordering. Their quality and price are fantastic. However, they only do 8 1/2 x 11 and I'm doing fewer cards. 12x12 gives me more options and I just need to reduce the storage space my CS is taking up though there will always be tons of it as it is my go-to. I use neutrals from Recollections brand from Michaels as well but they aren't on the deck.
      I send my photos out to a local drug store or Walmart. I found it just so expensive and often frustrating to print at home.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your quick reply Lisa!
      So, with your photos, when you have 2 prints on a sheet, do you size them in Photoshop or some other program?

      Delete
    3. I size them in Photoshop Elements.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...