Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Winter Page - Serene



A few days ago I shared a bright winter page that focused more on winter clothing than on the background. This one is all about the landscape.

We have very little snow here in the foothills of the NC Mountains.  One good snowfall a year is typical.  Still the bare trees can make a pretty backdrop.  These photos were taken from the walking trail we use.

For the background, I worked with the Gelli Plate.  I love playing with my gelli plate though I have to admit it can get a bit frustrating when I'm trying to get a certain color or design that I have in my head to come out on the paper. I think you just have to let go something I need some practice in.



In the video, you will see a lot of trial and error.  I placed these prints on a kraft background, the same kraft cardstock I used in the bright page.  It is quite a contrast.

Watch at YouTube:


Sketch:


Thanks for visiting!  I'm almost done with the April Newsletter. Lots going on but it will be out soon.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout, Lisa. Thanks for showing the Gelli prints that didn't work, as well as the ones that did. I haven't practiced much with mine lately, and you've reminded me that I'll have good and bad, but to keep going to finally get something REALLY pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your page. Your background print really pulls your photos together. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video - thanks Lisa. I love seeing your process with the gelli plate prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous background, Lisa, and it complements your photo collage perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...