Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Create your own Sunshine




I love this quote I found on Pinterest:

"Some days you have to create your own Sunshine."

Isn't that the truth?  Many days, it's been literal too here as we have had so much rain.  I'm posting this on a sunny day though and am planning a walk to take advantage of the warmth.

For the pages, I wanted to do some gelli prints on lighter weight paper.  I've used book paper and some thinner designer paper.  For the house, I used some mixed media techniques similar to those in Christy Tomlinson's Behind the Art class.  She demonstrates on canvases.  I highly recommend her class for learning about all types of paints and media.  It's very thorough.

The flowers were stamped and the colored with Faber Castell Pitt Brush markers.   The page is an update on one from my older art journal which I share in this video on YouTube:



Thanks for visiting today and I hope your day brings you some sunshine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...