Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TIPsy Tuesday - Cardstock Deck Updated



Earlier this year, I shared my version of a color chart for Stampin' Up! colors.  I call it a Cardstock Deck similar to a paint deck.  Since SU! updated their color families, I had to update my deck.  Also I really wanted to create one by color - like the rainbow - rather than by family.  The main purpose of this deck is to determine which cardstock I will use to match a photo or non-Stampin' Up! designer paper.  So it is much easier to have all the reds side by side so you can pick out just the right shade rather than flipping through a bunch of pages.



Stampin' Up! has created a new color coach with swatches of each color.  I haven't seen it.  I understand from someone who has that the colors are very close but perhaps not exact.  This version took me a little time but also allowed me to add all the discontinued colors I still have paper for and Papertrey Ink colors plus have the exact cardstock to match.

To make one or both decks,
  1. Follow this link to Splitcoaststampers for Word documents you can download.
    files on Splitcoaststampers
  2. If you are using the "By Color" deck, you may want to remove or add color names based on your own stash.  (The only two discontinued colors not listed are Barely Banana and Almost Amethyst as I was out of both of these.  There are some PTI colors left out since I don't have all of them.)
  3. Print out the Word documents on white cardstock.
  4. Cut into strips 2 3/4" wide.
  5. Cut your paper swatches to fit below each color name and adhere.
  6. Place grommets at the top of each page of the deck and put them on a binder ring or chain.
Here, I'm using the deck to match colors to a photo.  I wanted a cardstock just slightly lighter than the flowers because I knew I was going to distress the paper a little before putting it on my layout.  Summer Sunrise from Papertrey Ink turned out to be the perfect one.


If you have any questions, please e-mail me.  Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! Thank you for sharing the files on SCS AND the link to the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very rapidly this web page will be famous among all
    blogging users, due to it's good content

    Here is my site; vehicle branding western cape

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...