Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Caution: Merging Layers Ahead




My take on this month's sketch challenge on Rainy's (Susan's) blog was to flatten the design and remove almost all the layers.  The challenge is open until the end of the month.

I hadn't really planned it that way but after doing the background, I decided the 3 symbols would stamp really nicely right on the background.  Then it was a challenge to find a way to do the ribbon without adding much bulk.  I split the background paper and put some twine in the groove for a very flat card.

The background is stamped and embossed in clear ink on watercolor paper.  I then used distress inks and water to add the color.  I love the serene feeling and think this would work well for a more modern wedding card.  What better wishes than peace, happiness and love!

Thanks for visiting today!  If you live anywhere in the Eastern US you are probably, like us, keeping an eye to the weather. Hope you are safe and dry in the coming days.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to make this without the layers.
    Such a pretty card, love the colours.
    I agree it is a serene card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS take on the sketch, Lisa. What a beauty! LOVE it!! Thanks for playing along in my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Great stamping and love the watercolor effect. Hope you are staying high and dry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...