Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

"In" with the New



Tuesday I anxiously awaited the UPS man and sure enough, he brought me the 2009-10 In Colors, paper and a new hostess set I preordered. Most importantly, the box contained the new catalog! I've been through it about a hundred times already with little post-its sticking out from several pages. Choosing Christmas sets is going to be especially hard.

This card was made using two of the new In Colors - Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay. The lighter shade of brown here is Kraft paper. Soft Suede may be the first In Color I fall in love with because it mades an excellent distressing color. I used a sponge dipped in a little Soft Suede to get the warm brown edges to my torn paper. I really needed a very natural brown because most of our travels are focused around nature so that is an important color in my scrapbooking.

Rich Razzleberry is somewhere between a burgandy and a purple and is indeed very rich. I've used it here with Pale Plum cardstock and some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon for a quick card to demo at a workshop on Monday.
Visit the blog again soon for more new colors and for cards made with those beloved "Last Chance" sets - available through the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...