Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3 Photo Sketch video series



In 2013, I did a lot of sketches - a lot!  And I love making sketches.  I'm sure to make plenty this year, too.  I thought it might be fun though to take one sketch and use it for several different layouts.

So here is a sketch I created for the 3 photo layout above:


I'll be using this sketch at least 3 more times over the next few weeks.  I already have my next layout done!  It is very easy to use and alter.

For the layout above, my photos are 3" x 4" and I chose to mat them to give them a little more weight on the page.  The bottom border was something I found after I did the sketch. It is from a piece of Fancy Pants designer paper that I'd saved because I like the saying about finding comfort at home.  That is so true and so relevant to the subject.  The layout contains photos I took a few months ago when I had a cold.  My husband just got over a cold at Christmas and these are the things we use to make ourselves feel better- hot water with honey and lemon (neither of us like hot tea), Nyquil for sleeping, Listerine and homemade chicken soup.

I can't promise these will make you feel better but they sure work for us.  Oh, and lots and lots of sympathy!

For the homey page, I used some Cosmo Cricket papers, a lace trim and a pleated trim.  The band on the bottom had some flourishes so I stamped a couple in other places on the layout to match.   And of course I can't do a page anymore without wood veneer.




These are the last of my Maya Road hearts.

Here's the video introducing the series, the sketch and going through the process for this one. It was a pretty fast page:


Thanks for watching!  Also, if you are interested in attending Lain Ehmann's LOAD - Layout a Day in February, there is a discount of 30% off available through January 10.  Use discount code BUST at checkout.  Here's the link to info and registration -  Click here to view more details

Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great sketch, Lisa. I'm going to print it out to use and as a reminder to do more multi-photo pages in 2014. Love how your page turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your video and your layout.
    Looking forward to seeing your other layouts with this same sketch :)
    Hope you all both feeling better…it has been a couple of weeks and I am finally feeling more like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your videos always give me such good ideas..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...