Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Masculine Note Card


Why are making masculine cards so difficult?  Is it just me?  Perhaps it is that I have so few stamps that lend themselves to masculine cards.  I just love flowers and birds but then my husband loves flowers and likes birds well enough so maybe it is my interpretation of what is masculine.  He must like birds, he waded through the snow to feed ours today, bless him.

Anyway, the Splitcoaststampers color challenge was to use Night of Navy, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight (I had to sub So Saffron) and a button or brad (I used a grommet).  The inspiration was Mary's husband's birthday.  Happy Birthday!

I did two of these cards and will use them as Any Hero cards in my next OWH box.  I thought the yellow ribbon would signify a hope that the heroes who receive them will be home soon.

Project Notes:

  • The branch is embossed in Night of Navy on watercolor paper
  • the background is my favorite technique from Jennifer McGuire's Holiday Thinking Inking class at Two Peas.  If you haven't taken this, it is wonderful!  She used Ranger inks but I used SU!'s inks, even Craft ink worked.  You ink up an acrylic block, spray with water and then coat your paper.  It takes a couple of coats and some dabbing but it is a lot of fun.
  • The edge is distressed in Soft Suede.

Have to be off.  My dad is accompanying me on a business errand this morning.  He is off from work this week and going a little stir crazy.  (I think my mother will appreciate the break, too.)

Ingredients:  Stamps:  Kindred Spirits, Sweet Little Sentiments
Ink:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Grommet:  from Stampin' Up!
Ribbon:  So Saffron
Cardstock:  Night of Navy and Naturals White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...